Scoliosis is when the spin unnaturally curves, often causing you a significant amount of pain in the lumbar region. If you have experienced this pain, then you’ll know how debilitating that it can be.
If you have a special mattress to relieve scoliosis, then there are a few criteria that you’ll be looking at: firstly, it should relieve pain from your lower back region. This will relieve the pain from certain points on your back that you can be certain will alleviate most of the pain in your legs and hips too.
This type of mattress is what has been classed as medium thickness, meaning that it won’t be too hard on your back, which might cause you some additional discomfort and lead to you having a very poor night’s sleep.
This should give you a comfortable sleep no matter what the height or age or size that you are.
This mattress has a great refund policy too, so don’t worry about it not fitting you properly and losing money on the return. This comes with memory foam layers that will support you well in all the right places.
This is the difference between the soft and the harder types of mattresses.
So where can you find the best mattress for scoliosis? What features do these mattresses need to have to give you the best support?
What is the best material for a scoliosis mattress to be made from? How much will you have to pay for one of these mattresses?
Well, if you are interested in getting a decent mattress to alleviate your back pain, then we would suggest that you keep on reading.
This will really give you complete support and protection, which is perfect if you are looking for a decent mattress to prop you up when you are feeling sore.
Best Mattress For Scoliosis
When it comes to medium-firm supportive mattresses, you’ll need to make sure that you have everything that you need for premium support, and this mattress really delivers on those things.
With a memory foam composition, this has 3 interior layers that give you deep contouring, which is great for painful backs – introducing the Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Cloud.
This mattress will significantly limit the amount of rolling that you do in bed, which will really come in handy if you are trying to prevent twisting in that area.
If you are a light sleeper and you find yourself shifting around the bed often, then this will be the perfect mattress for you, with ribbed technology that will stop you from rolling around too much.
- This comes with a great contoured technology that will keep your body in place and stop you from twisting at the lumbar region, which can be very painful.
- This comes with side sleepers that will give you a sound sleep throughout the night, which really is ideal if you are looking for that extra hour of sleep every night.
- This will limit the range of motion, which is often one of the main reasons that you’ll be suffering during the night.
- This comes with a 2-year payment plan, which is perfect if you don’t want to spend that much money all at once.
- Some people have reported that this mattress allows them to sink too deeply into the body of the mattress, which causes them further pain.
This next mattress comes with plenty of setup and delivery, giving you everything that you’ll need for an easy installation.
This comes with a relaxed sleep that will really help people who are overweight and might be struggling to move their mattress from one area to another – introducing the Saatva Loom & Leaf.
This comes with certified foam, which is covered in thick cotton that is also fire retardant. This is perfect if you want a mattress for your family that you feel will keep them safe and not succumb to any fire damage.
This manufacturer gives you a 180-night trial, which will be perfect for anyone who isn’t sure about their mattress and wants to spend their money on the best.
- This will come with a cooling spinal zone, which is perfect for sending colder energy through your inflamed nerves.
- This comes with a gel foam layer, which will give you enough flexibility to get comfortable, while also providing you with plenty of flexibility for your workout.
- This will give you plenty of support in the lumbar region, allowing you to remain flexible, while also injecting plenty of flexibility into that region.
- This mattress will keep you nice and stable, which is exactly what you need if you are twisting in the night and suffering from back issues.
- This mattress is slightly firmer than some of the others that you might find on this list, so make sure if you are in pain for most of the day, that you also have enough freedom of movement in your bed.
This next mattress will give you medium support and will acclimatize itself to whatever body type or weight that you happen to be. This comes with technology that is just perfect for you and your scoliosis, with cushioning in the bottom that will not only hold you in place, but give you everything that you need for utmost comfort – introducing the Purple Mattress.
This purple mattress is designed to cradle the shoulders gently, giving you everything that you’ll need for very solid support, which is the cornerstone of a great night of sleep. The manufacturer provides you with full back support that will really lower the amount of turning and twisting that you do in your sleep.
- This is one of the best mattresses that you can have for scoliosis and other back conditions. This is a great option if you share your bed with someone else.
- This gives you a 100-night sleep trial, which is perfect if you want to really test out your mattress first before committing to it.
- This comes with great cushioning, which is very important if you are suffering from one of the many back ailments that you can get.
- This mattress will keep most of the body supported, right from the torso to the lower body, all of which is very important, as these muscles often work in tandem.
- Some buyers of this mattress have complained that this one is way too heavy to handle, which will certainly be an issue for anyone who can’t afford a removal company.
This comes with 5 layers of carbon fiber-infused adaptive foam, which will help keep you nice and supported when you are lying on your bed. This comes with certified foam which comes with a UL GreenGuard Gold, which means that this mattress will not give off any gas once you’ve bought it – introducing the Tuft & Needles Hybrid Mattress.
This mattress gives you plenty of support in the bedroom, with plenty of spring-loaded action that is great for a nice and comfortable fit.
This comes with material in the mattress that will wick all the moisture away and give you everything you need for a very dry and very comfortable night’s rest.
- This comes with great sweat reduction properties, making it one of the most durable and efficient mattresses on the market.
- This mattress will give you plenty of comfort, which is crucial for keeping you in a stationary position as you sleep.
- This comes with a 10-year warranty, which is great if you are thinking of exchanging your mattress after using it for a decade.
- This mattress is very breathable, which is great if you are looking for a decent mattress for you and your family to cuddle up in at night.
- This is a very heavy mattress, which might cause you some issues if you live up a flight of stairs and you can’t afford removal people.
This next mattress comes with extra support in the back and cushioning, giving you everything that you’ll need for a solid sleep during the evening. It comes with copper-infused foam that comes with antimicrobial properties as well as warming properties during the night – introducing the Layla Hybrid Mattress.
This comes with a 120-night trial, so you can be sure to test this mattress thoroughly before you commit to buying it outright. This comes with plenty of space, which is perfect if you are a couple sleeping in the same bed, although you’ll want to be aware of thrashing around too much in the night when you are sleeping.
- This is made from copper-infused foam, which is perfect for reducing the number of microbes that you’ll have accumulating in the bed as you sleep.
- This will come with 2 free pillows, which is another amazing asset, especially if you are looking to settle down with your nearest and dearest every night.
- This will give you adequate cushioning in the hip and shoulder areas, which is very important for giving you plenty of support in the whole of your back.
- This comes with a coil system, which is perfect if you like the edges to remain solid when you are sleeping with you and maybe your partner.
- This might be a little too firm for scoliosis sufferers, so make sure that you are using this mattress that you have a decent level of both flexibility and firmness.
This next mattress comes with a 3-layer foam design that you can be sure will help you achieve a very supportive base, with some memory foam elements and a soft pillow-top.
You can use any of these elements if you are looking for a breathable mattress that removes all sweat as you sleep – introducing the Leesa Original Mattress.
This comes with a 100-night sleep guarantee, which is very important if you are looking to test out the quality of the mattress first over a longer duration of time.
This will also increase the airflow into your mattress, which will give you a much more comfortable sleep over the long term.
- This comes with a very supportive base, which is perfect for you and your partner, reducing the risk of sagging in the short term.
- This mattress gives you plenty of bounce, which is ideal if you are looking for a decent mattress for you, your partner and your family.
- This comes with a memory foam mattress, ideal for restoring the cushioning to your spine and stopping you from pulling out your vertebrae.
- This mattress comes with a cool setting, which will circulate the air through your mattress, allowing the sweat to disperse naturally.
- This is another very heavy mattress, so if you are hauling it up to the top floor, then we would recommend that you have plenty of strength and a few friends to help you move it.
Our final mattress is a medium-soft one that comes with memory foam components that you can be sure will give you everything for ergonomic back support.
This mattress will adapt itself to whatever temperature you are experiencing during the night. If you are too hot, then you can be sure that it will adjust itself accordingly – introducing the Casper Wave Hybrid.
This mattress comes made from recycled plastic, which is perfect if the state of the environment is that important to you.
This gives you free shipping and a trial of 100-nights, which is perfect if you are wanting to try out your mattress thoroughly before committing to buying it for a few thousand dollars.
- This comes with a spring base that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for a flexible yet hardcore night’s sleep.
- This will give your back selective relief at the various pressure points that will often affect scoliosis.
- This will promote the correct airflow through the pores of the mattress, which is perfect if you are prone to sweating at night.
- This comes with free shipping, which will definitely matter to anyone who is looking to cut a few corners when it comes to their budget.
- This mattress is a little too soft for a lot of users, so if you are looking for something harder, then we would recommend going to another model.
There are many things that you’ll be needing to choose from if you have scoliosis and are looking to get something that will give you plenty of relief from pain. Here are some things that you should be looking for from your next mattress:
How Much Pain Does It Relieve?
One thing that you’ll want to be sure of is having enough relief from pain. Sometimes you will lie down on a mattress and find that the pain from your scoliosis has actually increased. If you do notice an increase in pain from sleeping on a new mattress, we would recommend that you buy something else.
Where Are The Materials Sourced From?
Make sure that the manufacturers are completely upfront about where the materials of your mattress are coming from. You’ll need to make sure that all the claims that they make are substantiated and that all the ‘cures’ they claim they are making are true.
Does It Have A Consumer Protection Policy?
This means that you can take your mattress back whenever you like. This is very important if you are trying to get your money’s worth from your next mattress. You should always make sure that you have enough money to spend on your next mattress.
What Materials Are Used To Make Your Mattress?
Obviously, we have seen plenty of materials go into the making of one of these mattresses, from copper to carbon fiber to plastic. It is important that there are plenty of pores in your mattress to allow the air to circulate and the moisture to evaporate to allow for a more comfortable sleep for you and your partner.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does A Decent Mattress Cost?
You’ll want to make sure that you have at least $1000 in your bank account to pay for a mattress of this quality. There are various levels of prices with a mattress, so make sure that you shop thoroughly before picking up your next mattress, as you’ll be looking to spend a few thousand dollars at the very least.