You have just bought a new queen bed. It looked absolutely glorious in the picture.
Truly a bed fit for kings, or queens. But now that it has arrived you have absolutely no idea how to put it together.
Well, you are in luck, in this article we are going to tell you how you can put one of these beds together. While the assembly might change from bed to bed, the methods are often very similar.
So, if you get stuck on a part that we do not cover here, always check the instruction manual that came with your bed so that you can check for model-specific information.
Just because there are different product details for each model does not mean you can’t make use of our simple and easy guide.
In this article, we are going to look at how you can assemble a queen metal bed frame with ease. From the frame legs to the headboard we are going to tell you exactly how you can put every piece together.
With a metal queen bed frame, you will have ample storage under your bed, and you can rest assured that the bed frame materials are sturdy.
On top of that, these med frames are an affordable option and one that can have quite a modern design. But that is enough talking.
So without further ado, let us delve right in.
Putting Together a Metal Bed Frame
- The best place to start if you have a metal bed frame is with the legs. Set each of the frame’s legs so that they are positioned across from one another. In most cases, bed frames are compromised of two main segments which are the right leg and the left leg. two main segments. So, begin by placing these legs equally across from one another and make sure that there is plenty of space in the middle for the mattress.
- Next, you will need to put the wheels or the feet on the bed frame’s legs. You will need to keep an eye out for shorter beams that extend from the metal legs. In most cases, this process should be super easy, and you will not need any special tools. But for some bed models, you may need a nut or a screwdriver.
- The third step is to remove the side arms away from the frame legs. A lot of bed frame companies store the side arms of the bed within the metal legs. So, you will need to remove them before you can continue to the next step. The arms will then need to be pulled from the frame’s legs until they are completely extended. On the off chance that the legs are not already attached to the side arms, you will need to put them on yourself and as such may require a few nuts and screws to do so.
- After pulling out or attaching your side arms, it’s imperative that you search for small nubs or holes that are protruding on the side of the side arms. Once you have done this, you can connect each of the side arms which can be done by pushing all the nubs into the nubs into the corresponding holes. There may be a change if you find that there are holes in the side arms and this just means that you will need to attach your parts together using nuts and screws or metal plates that will be included with the bed frame.
- You may need to put a center support beam on your metal bed frame. Some bed frames that have their side arms connecting to a metal place will come with a support leg. When you are inserting it in place you will need to make sure that you have all the wheels or feet attached already. Lay the center support beam across the middle of your bed frame. Next, if your bed has grooved in you can slide the center leg into them. If this is not the case you will have to attach your central support beam by using nuts and screws.
- We are nearly there. If your bed frame came with protective caps, now is the time to put them in place. Often bed frames will have exposed pieces of metal that are small and found on the corners of the frame. So, the bed frame manufacturer will most likely have included small protective caps so that you do not get injured or nothing around you gets damaged by the exposed metal. But, if no caps arrived with your metal bed frame, you can use layers of duct tape which will help cover those areas.
- You’ll probably find that most metal bed frames will arrive with a headboard or baseboard that can be used. If you have one and would like to install it you will need to start with extending the board fully. If there are any legs that need to be attached you should do so before continuing with the process. A lot of the time you can just slide the board’s legs into a slot in the top of the bed frame. There are other situations where the holes will have to be aligned by yourself and then secured using screws and nuts.
That is the basic method of assembling a metal bed frame. It really is not that complicated, and you should be able to easily do it even if there are some instructions that we have not covered here.
If you are looking for an affordable way to upgrade your bedroom. In that case, a metal bed frame could be exactly what you need. They are durable and easy to assemble.
You can also customize them to fit your needs. For example, you can add drawers or shelves to create storage space. Or you can choose from many colors and styles. Metal bed frames are a great way to give your room a modern and sleek feel.
While we have not looked at wooden bed frames in this article, they are not as hard as you might think. They can be quite similar to these instructions and if not, your product should come with in-depth instructions you can easily follow.
The product details may differ from metal frame to metal frame but overall with these simple instructions you should be able to easily assemble your own bed with ease. We hope that we have guided you well in the assembly of your amazing new piece of furniture.
The last thing we should say on this topic is that you just need to be extra aware of the different assembly details that each bed frame will come with. As we have said before, each model will differ slightly. But this guide should help you with the basics.
So, with that nugget of wisdom, we wish you good luck and good fortune with your queen bed assembly. Goodbye for now.